Monday 17 October 2011

Guest Blogger: Gaynor

Hi my name is Gaynor and I’m part of the Women’s Outreach team. I started at A Way Out in November 2010 along with Rachel when we re-started the Women’s Outreach project and I now stalk women on a daily basis!!!

My role is to support vulnerable women in whatever way is needed; basically we see ourselves as the lynch pin that connects all other agencies working with the service user to enable a wall of support to be built around them. The service users come from all walks of life; we have no limits, we’ll take them all! We have no daily routine, no really, we don’t! Our days can consist of court visits, multi-agency meetings, or just simply sitting and having a coffee and a chat.

Our project has grown massively in the last year from chasing women down the street with expletives thrown at us to them now coming to us for help. Although the job can be draining I love it especially when you’re told, “You are the biggest support in my life, I don’t know what I would do without you”. The role is hard but it is so worthwhile when you see women exiting their chaotic lives and re-joining society and their families. Although such major breakthroughs are not every week, they are becoming more frequent. For so long the women we work with have lived on the fringes of society, I’m so proud to be able to give them a way back in.  


Love from A Way Out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...