We have seen amazing things happen over the last 10 years; lives restored and made whole, people safely off the streets, exiting prostitution, free from addictions, safe and away from from abusive situations, in jobs, with homes, able to see their children. We have come a long way from the humble beginnings in Jessie's Grandma's living room, where a small group of people committed themselves to bringing about change.
We celebrated the launch of our 10:10 campaign with our 10:10 dinner last Friday.
What about the next 10 years?
There is still injustice in the world, there are still people who need to be set free from their life controlling addictions, helped through recovery processes, made safe from abusive situations, protected from being at risk.
John 10:10 in the bible says 'The thief comes in the night to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." We believe that all women and young people should be free to live healthy, whole and safe lives, free from addiction, poverty and abuse. We work to see this restored in the lives of the people we work with. We take inspiration and hope from this verse in the Bible and the foundations of A Way Out are built on Christian principles, prayer and faith.
We already have an amazing family at A Way Out, a network of incredible volunteers, staff, partnering services, trustees, ambassadors and more who support, encourage, enable and develop the work of A Way Out so it can continue in the future.
We need this family to grow if we are to grow over the next 10 years.
These are some of the ways we intend to keep bringing love, hope and freedom:
- We want to give more young people someone they can turn to and trust through our mentoring initiatives.
- We aim to help many more young women find a way out of sexual exploitation and life-controlling situations through to full recovery.
- We want to develop our Community Wellbeing Hubs, distributing food parcels and engaging with those who feel at risk, isolated or vulnerable.
- We want to engage and help families develop positive routines and supportive relationships.
- We want to see more young people engaged in positive activities and making healthy life choices.
- We want to speak out for many thousands more who are marginalised, vulnerable or at risk.
- We want to see people have access to A Way Out services in other towns and cities across the UK.
Our 10:10 Campaign
Our 10:10 campaign is all about is all about how a small amount regularly, can make all the difference. Perhaps you could volunteer 10 hours a month, tell 10 people about our services, host an event, book a speaker of ours, or you could contribute financially to make a huge difference.
- £10 a month Provides on evening street safety session a month on the streets of Stockton.
- £20 a month Supports one young person suffering with anxiety and low self-esteem to attend a 'Friends for Life' course.
- £100 donation Enables one woman to access a group therapeutic session for 3 months as part of a recovery programme.
- £200 donation Provides 1 week of food and resources for our Food-plus scheme, supporting families that are most needy.
Join the family, and help bring life to the full!
Choose to find out more here: http://awayout.co.uk/whats-new/1010-campaign/
love from A Way Out x