Wednesday 26 August 2015

SkyDiving for A Way Out



A Way Out is always so grateful for our incredible supporters – you all do such amazing things, some of which are even a bit mad! Like Karla, who in a couple of weeks’ time, will be leaping from a plane to raise money for A Way Out.
 
Our Communications Facilitator Amy caught up with Karla to ask her a few questions about what she’s doing and why…
 
A: Hi Karla, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?
K: Absolutely! I live in Roseworth with my partner and my cat, and I’m saving up to get married abroad in a few years.  I wanted to make a change this year, to make better life choices with work and food and to start helping others – I just became a vegetarian and I love it!

A: How did you find out about A Way Out?
K: One of my good friends worked for A Way Out a while ago, so I knew about the charity, but then I saw it was being promoted by Stockton Town Football Club as the charity they wanted to support this year.

A: What made you want to fundraise for A Way Out?
K: I’d heard a lot about you and the things you do to help people in need. The team sounds amazing. I’ve wanted to support the charity for so long but up until now there’s always been something in the way.

A: Why a sky dive?!
K: I'm a thrill seeker and have always wanted to skydive. My partner Carl said he would pay for me to skydive for my 25th birthday, but I wanted to do it to raise money as well and I knew that A Way Out was the one I wanted to do it for.

A: How do you feel about it?
K: I can't wait! It's going to be so exciting – but scary at the same time.

A: Tell us a bit about the event Stockton Town Football Club are planning for A Way Out.
K: There’s a fundraising night on Saturday 19th September from 7.30pm at the clubhouse. There’s a great singer booked and there’ll be a raffle and loads of fun – tickets are just £3!

A: What would your advice be to someone who wants to help A Way Out, or any local charity?
K: If anyone was thinking about helping this fantastic charity I would say, 'why wait?!' I waited long enough to do something and wish I had done it sooner. It's so easy to help, just email, phone or pop down to A Way Out and ask what you can do to help. They always welcome things for food parcels and people to raise money for the charity. Like me :)

A: Thanks so much Karla! We are so grateful for what you’re doing and hope your skydive is a fantastic experience.

You can sponsor Karla for her courageous sky dive here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...